Saturday, November 20, 2010

Three bean salad

For those of who are aren't vinegar lovers {or you absolutely hate vinegar}, you better just move on, because this recipe definitely isn't for you.  Buuuut, for those are you who are - this should be right up your alley!  

I never thought of myself as a vinegar lover.  In fact, I always thought that I didn't like it, and most times I don't.  But when we were staying at the Apples' house in Knoxville, Mrs. Evelyn served us three bean salad, and I loved it.  I made it a while back, and I can safely say that I ate a huge portion of it by myself.  So here it is!

Ingredients:
•  1 can cut green beans, drained (I used fresh green beans and cut them myself.  I think it turned out even better)
•  1 can butter beans, drained
•  1 can red kidney beans, drained
•  1\4 cup chopped green bell pepper
•  Finely diced purple onion, to your taste
•  1\2 cup apple cider vinegar
•  1\3 cup vegetable oil                               
•  1\2 cup sugar                                         
•  1 tsp salt
•  1 tsp pepper    

Directions:
Rinse beans and drain.  Combine beans with green pepper and onion.  Whisk together liquid ingredients, pour over bean mixture, and toss well.  Serve chilled. 


 

1 comment: