Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Popcorn balls

What says "fall" more than popcorn balls and caramel apples?  I have no idea.  I made these last night, and they were good!  I cooked the syrup mixture just a tiiiny bit too long, but if I hadn't, they would've been better.  Well, obviously.  

Ingredients:
- 1 cup white sugar
-  1\2 cup light corn syrup
- 1\4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
- 1\2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups popped popcorn

Directions:
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter and water. Stir and heat to hard-crack stage or 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Remove from heat, add vanilla; mix well. 
  2. Pour slowly over popped popcorn while stirring. Wait 5 minutes and shape into 3 inch round balls. 
  3. After eating, spend some time flossing or digging chunks out of your teeth.   :)           

1 comment:

  1. These sound really good. I love the new look, too... your header is really cute!

    ReplyDelete