Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sweet Cinnamon Quick Bread

This is one of my favorite breakfast breads!  It's really quick and easy to make, and it's so good!
---------------

Bread                                       
  • 2 cups flour                       
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk (Since we don't have buttermilk here, I just use one cup of regular milk, and add one capfull of white vingear)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs

Streusel
  • 2 TB  sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp butter, softened


Directions
-----------
  • Heat oven to 350˚F.  
  • Grease and flour bottom of 9x5 loaf pan (just using cooking spray or greasing it alone doesn't cut it, trust me...it needs greased and floured).  
  • Combine all bread ingredients well, and pour batter into pan.  
  • Combine streusel ingredients, and siwrl to marble.  
  • Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  
  • Remove from pan and cool. 
  



Enjoy!  
Tell me if you tried the recipe!  :)


 

4 comments:

  1. This stuff is so good, it makes me want to eat the OVEN when I smell it baking inside! Hahaha. I wonder if our altitude has anything to do with how badly it sticks here? I read somewhere that above 4,000ft, things stick a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I've made this TWICE, and we love it!

    The first time, I did not listen to your advice (about just using cooking spray), and you were sooo right. But we enjoyed eating the "rest" of the loaf with forks out of the pan!

    So the second time I used the "baking-cooking spray" and it came out fine . . . whew, reputation returned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I need to make some of this again myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, Linz! I made it the other morning for Aaron and myself and it was good!!!

    ReplyDelete